本帖最后由 YourSavings 于 2013-2-28 07:27 编辑
& m( y3 u. k3 n
, M3 b& j2 S! b" |8 B
5 m0 n6 Q/ m1 f' p5 _
0 g5 H8 Y+ j$ W% y7 x" z( k% [- S, J
“Marketer” % _$ h  S# ]0 @& j* a! Y5 g0 r

叫卖者-英语随笔
$ H8 \+ _3 v8 d: p" k

Patrick‘s been in the newspaper business for more than 10 years. Last year end, he decided to give a try a brand new idea for publishing a booklet that allows business to know each others in the communities and beyond,...

3 Y- r. |3 \0 s

# m. Z$ @: j* d" y( ?! u

"a bit too late now,.." said I. but not to discourage him too much, I nod to agree to give it a try, and give a name Ontario Business guide, Chinese communities 2013. to note his idea of escaping from the heavy competition in town.

7 S% G( X. L( f$ s
) i3 ~5 N/ F( m& ^/ X( u5 g1 Z$ Z

The journey started westwards, then, callings, meetings, chattings at doors cold in this winter when the deadline was approaching.  Chinese business men and women like and support it, tons of phone calls.. Among all, a few of Asian owners.

$ d( Y/ D' N8 l: o' t# Z3 Z) w4 ]& |

, S( w6 ]& D$ O# _1 x

"Better, put in a line of Chinese, here!" one of the computer repairs Pakistan 大佬 (*boss )  who has 6 stores West Ontario, said to me. One Sushi owner said, "we wanna English version, like yellow pages“ you know, "justeat.ca"?

5 D$ V3 `, b: E  J. p7 X! I2 N

0 \5 s' [) z; }% `3 O" h# ]

大佬, you may heard thousands of times in the business street. (Some whites) even earlier Canadians know how to say it in Chinatown. They know the English words for it is boss, which in turn among Ming-Nan language zone and Cantonese means 'Dalao'-(similar to Da-ye, 大爷/老爷?in Northern, China and Lao-be, 老板in the south. 掌柜的, maybe in earlier 30‘s or 40's?

; S3 ?7 v' a) O5 w" }7 q
9 a- N' u5 W  L/ d0 }

Don't know in old-times, how people call those who owns something in value? but in nowadays "owners" (like 东家/业主 is little modern ways to call ) are often heard in Advertising. Radio, and TV. Even small things, "call today, ...own your fastest smartphone, Canada" as a most latest example.

8 W2 Y  \# B5 B) |+ z5 T' F

+ Y8 V& [8 @6 n. T$ ]

Types of business could be numerous, however, the core and essence is the same, no mater in very developed areas or not. Look at followings photo, shows how to send your messages out to be heard. It's same, and never change.

2 W" f0 a) U' X. `

Surely, some-times you have to spend more than four years to learn the art of doing basic things as making your customers come to you. Guess, this is what this small booklet trying to do, helping the Chinese business be heard and known, for here in Canada they are called newcomers.

3 \1 A, G+ O) ?/ D/ D2 u4 k
2 E! T4 w# }2 E# I1 x

For me, it was a unique experience of being a marketer, selling Advertising in West Ontario.

! Z- y( b* L1 d$ z0 B

×some images are internet collected.

一语, 2013 FEb
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

广告合作(Contact Us)|关于我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|尼亚加拉(大瀑布)华人网

GMT-4, 2024-5-2 20:22